Welcome to McCartney Sales & Lettings
Here at McCartney Sales & Lettings, we understand that managing your rental property can be a time-consuming and overwhelming task. That's why we offer comprehensive landlord property management services to take the burden off your shoulders. With our friendly, dedicated team, you can enjoy all the benefits of property ownership without any of the stress. That’s why we’re the providers of landlord property management Chelmsford homeowners trust.
Landlords Letting Agency Chelmsford
Whether you’re an experienced landlord or just starting out in the property industry, our property expertise and local area knowledge guarantee that your property will be let quickly to the right tenants and for the best rental income.
You will have complete peace of mind as we provide the best landlord property services Chelmsford has to offer. With a choice of services to suit your needs as a landlord, expert teams working to get your property marketed correctly and the right external advertising to get your property in front of the right people, we are confident that we provide the very best landlord property management services in Chelmsford.
We will work hard to find the best tenant within your required time frame, and provide you with support and guidance on which service you desire – from a fully managed service through to a simple tenant find. The marketing team will then produce online and offline advertisements to promote your property to help generate more interest, which in turn will provide you with a bigger pool of tenants to choose from.
From there, we will then prepare your property to let. Our property management Chelmsford experts will then help you through every step of the legal paperwork, inventory preparation, and legal process steps, providing as little or as much help as you require.
We will ensure that all essential checks and paperwork have been completed before a new tenant moves into your property – keeping both parties safe during the process.
Working With Us
When you choose us for landlord management in Chelmsford, you can look forward to the following:
Tenant Screening and Placement
If you’re going to let a property successfully, finding the right tenants is crucial We handle the entire tenant screening process, including background checks, credit assessments, and reference verification. Our goal is to find reliable tenants who will look after your property and pay their rent on time.
You can say goodbye to the hassle of rent collection when you work with us. We ensure that your rental income is collected promptly and deposited directly into your account, using the trusted BACS software. Our streamlined approach helps to keep any delays to a minimum.
To ensure protection against damages or withheld rent, we collect a 5-week rent deposit. This precautionary measure, although rare, safeguards you in any unforeseen circumstances. Rest assured, we entrust the deposit to "My Deposits," an independent Government scheme, for secure and impartial handling.
Keeping your property in top condition is essential for tenant satisfaction and long-term value. We coordinate all necessary maintenance and repairs, promptly addressing any issues that arise. We have a network of trusted contractors that we have used for years, all providing reliable, friendly, and competitively priced services.
To protect your investment, we conduct quarterly inspections of your property. These inspections allow us to identify any maintenance needs, ensure lease compliance, and address tenant concerns. We provide you with detailed reports, keeping you informed about the condition of your property.
Navigating the complex legal landscape of property management can be challenging. Our team stays up to date with all relevant regulations and ensures that your property and lease agreements are in full compliance. If any changes need to be made, we will explain those clearly.
Established Chelmsford Letting Agent
McCartney Lettings is an independently owned company that has been trading for 30 years.
As a local and well-established company, we firmly believe that service is the foundation of any successful business. Our aim is to provide our Landlords with an excellent service that will give peace of mind and a trouble-free tenancy.
We pride ourselves on our professionalism and experience. Our staff regularly attend training courses to keep informed of changes in the law and procedures that occur in the ever-changing world of the rental market. We also subscribe to Letting Industry publications to help us keep abreast of developments and changes. Our flexibility allows us to adapt quickly and offer tailor-made solutions.
Our staff has excellent communication skills, are friendly and proactive with regard to maintenance issues. We are also skilled in the negotiation of maintenance problems and deposit disputes.
All properties are marketed within one day of the appointment, with full internet coverage and local property paper marketing.
We cover Chelmsford and the immediate surrounding areas. McCartney Sales & Lettings are also members of the Property Ombudsman and we use the Deposit Protection Scheme “My Deposits” for the registration of tenant deposits. We have comprehensive client money protection insurance, so if anything were to happen to the company, your money is insured.
As of 2022 we have been trading for 30 years and are considered to be the most established sales and lettings agency in Chelmsford. Our strong customer service skills and expert industry knowledge keep us busy with many clients requiring our services. In fact, our excellent skills and work ethos means that the majority of our business comes from repeat business, recommendations, and referrals.
Letting Agents with A Difference
- Your property is undoubtedly one of your largest and most valuable assets. It is therefore essential that you believe and trust in the company that you instruct to manage your property.
- We pride ourselves on our professionalism, experience, and independence. Our flexibility allows us to adapt quickly and offer tailor-made solutions.
- We are committed to you, always striving to give you the best possible service at reasonable rates. Unlike some letting agents, we do not make an arbitrage on any maintenance bills, nor do we have any ‘hidden’ costs in our contract with you.
- We subscribe to all the major web portals to ensure that your property has the maximum exposure over the internet, as well as using local paper advertising and our highly distinctive letting boards.
- We offer an Introduction Only Service or Fully Managed services with free valuations.
- We can offer free rent warranty policies for all “Platinum Service” managed properties that cover loss of rent, legal fees for eviction, and rent for up to two months when vacant possession is obtained. This is a rare occurrence but should always be considered when renting your property.
- For managed properties, we always obtain meter readings and advise service providers when properties are tenanted. Some agents ask the tenants to do this for you, but if it is not done, you could be liable for the bills!
- We take 5 weeks' rent as a deposit, this leaves some money back for any damages if the tenants withhold their last month’s rent. Again, this is a rare occurrence, but as a professional company, we are always looking to cover any situation or eventuality. The deposit is held by “My Deposits”, an independent Government scheme.
- It is essential that a comprehensive and accurate inventory is drafted as this is used when checking for damage and dilapidations at the end of the tenancy. It will also be used for any disputes that go to mediation or Court.
- Rental payments are sent by BACS for speedy payment.
- We have a dedicated maintenance team. All our contractors have been used for many years, are reliable, friendly, and competitively priced.
- Your property is inspected quarterly to ensure the tenants are looking after it and we send you reports to confirm that the inspection has taken place and what the condition of the property is. If something untoward was be noted, we would immediately contact you to advise of the circumstance and discuss any appropriate actions that you should take.
- We have two offices in Chelmsford so you can have twice the exposure, increasing your chances by double to let your property.
- McCartney has been successfully letting and managing property in Chelmsford since 1992 and has a wealth of experience in this field. We offer a let only and a full management service to all clients.
Why Choose Us?
Experience: We have been in business since 1992, so we know what it takes to deliver outstanding landlord property management services.
- Personalised Service: Our personalized approach ensures that you receive the individual attention you deserve. You can count on us to understand and cater to the unique needs and challenges of your property.
- Proactive Management: We take a proactive approach to property management, addressing issues promptly so that we can stop any potential problems in their tracks.
- Peace of Mind: Let us handle the day-to-day management of your property while you enjoy peace of mind and focus on what matters to you.
- Commitment to Excellence: We are committed to delivering exceptional service and exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we always work with your needs at the forefront of our minds.
Let only Service
CHARGES: A fee equivalent to the first month's rental plus VAT
Letting & Management Service
CHARGES: A fee equivalent to 85% of the first month's rental plus 10% of each month's rent plus VAT
This includes all the above in the Letting & Management Service together with free Landlord's Rent & Legal Protection Warranties for 12 months.
CHARGES: A fee equivalent to the first month's rent plus 15% of each month's rent plus VAT
Marketing your Property
We would be more than happy to provide you with a free market appraisal. You can either call us on 01245 266980 or contact us via the contact form and a member of the team will be happy to make an appointment for a senior member of staff to visit at a time convenient to you.
Upon instruction, we will prepare property particulars and marketing photographs. Following this, we contact our database of potential tenants via phone, email, SMS text, and post to generate enquiries as soon as possible. We use a variety of advertising media; Property Websites, Email, Telephone and Text, Twitter, Facebook, 'TO LET' boards - as well as our stunning office displays which attract many walk-in visitors.
Your property will be advertised on our website, as well as the country’s leading property portals such as:
The Right Tenant
At McCartney, we understand the secret to a successful letting is the right tenant.
All our prospective tenants are comprehensively vetted to ensure a hassle-free successful letting.
Our full management service is available to all Landlords. This service means we will; Collect the rent and provide a monthly statement, be the first point of contact for any maintenance issues and organising repairs via our list of trusted tradesmen, carry out regular quarterly inspections to ensure the property is being looked after and report to you on an agreed basis.
We look forward to working with you.