Why Let with McCartney Sales & Lettings?
Your property is undoubtedly one of your largest and most valuable assets. It is therefore essential that you believe and trust in the company that you instruct to manage your property.
Landlords Letting Agency Chelmsford
Whether you’re an experienced landlord or just starting out in the property industry, our property expertise and local area knowledge guarantees that your property will be let quickly to the right tenants and for the best rental income.
You will have complete peace of mind as we provide the best landlord property services Chelmsford has to offer. With a choice of services to suit your needs as a landlord, expert teams working to get your property marketed correctly and the right external advertising to get your property in front of the right people, we are confident that we provide the very best landlord property management services in Chelmsford.
We will work hard to find the best tenant within your required time frame, and provide you with support and guidance on which service you desire – from a fully managed service through to a simple tenant find. The marketing team will then produce online and offline advertisements to promote your property to help generate more interest, which in turn will provide you with a bigger pool of tenants to choose from.
From there, we will then prepare your property to let. Our property management Chelmsford experts will then help you through every step of the legal paperwork, inventory preparation and legal process steps, providing as little or as much help as you require.
We will ensure that all essential checks and paperwork have been completed before a new tenant moves into your property – keeping both parties safe during the process.
Established Chelmsford Letting Agent
McCartney Lettings is an independently owned company who have been trading in excess of 25 years.
As a local and well-established company, we firmly believe that service is the foundation of any successful business. Our aim is to provide our Landlords with an excellent service that will give peace of mind and a trouble-free tenancy.
We pride ourselves on our professionalism and experience. Our staff regularly attend training courses to keep informed of changes in the law and procedures that occur in the ever-changing world of the rental market. We also subscribe to Letting Industry publications to help us keep abreast of developments and changes. Our flexibility allows us to adapt quickly and offer tailor made solutions.
Our staff have excellent communication skills, are friendly and proactive with regards to maintenance issues. We are also skilled in the negotiation of maintenance problems and deposit disputes.
All properties are marketed within one day of appointment, with full internet coverage and local property paper marketing.
We cover Chelmsford and the immediate surrounding areas. McCartney Sales & Lettings are also members of the Property Ombudsman and we use the Deposit Protection Scheme “My Deposits” for the registration of tenant deposits. We have comprehensive client money protection insurance, so if anything were to happen to the company, your money is insured.
We have been trading for over 25 years now and we are considered to be the most established sales and lettings agency in Chelmsford. Our strong customer service skills and expert industry knowledge keeps us busy with many clients requiring our services. In fact, our excellent skills and work ethos means that the majority of our business comes from repeat business, recommendations and referrals.
Letting Agents with A Difference
- Your property is undoubtedly one of your largest and most valuable assets. It is therefore essential that you believe and trust in the company that you instruct to manage your property.
- We pride ourselves on our professionalism, experience and independence. Our flexibility allows us to adapt quickly and offer tailor made solutions.
- We are committed to you, always striving to give you the best possible service at reasonable rates. Unlike some letting agents, we do not make an arbitrage on any maintenance bills, nor do we have any ‘hidden’ costs in our contract with you.
- We subscribe to all the major web portals to ensure that your property has the maximum exposure over the internet, as well as using local paper advertising and our highly distinctive letting boards.
- We offer an Introduction Only Service or Fully Managed services with free valuations.
- We can offer free rent warranty policies for all “Platinum Service” managed properties that covers loss of rent, legal fees for eviction and rent for up to two months when vacant possession is obtained. This is a rare occurrence but should always be considered when renting your property.
- For managed properties, we always obtain meter reading and advise service providers when properties are tenanted. Some agents ask the tenants to do this for you, but if it is not done, you could be liable for the bills!
- We take 5 weeks rent as a deposit, this leaves some money back for any damages if the tenants withhold their last month’s rent. Again, this is a rare occurrence, but as a professional company, we are always looking to cover any situation or eventuality. The deposit is held by “My Deposits”, an independent Government scheme.
- It is essential that a comprehensive and accurate inventory is drafted as this is used when checking for damage and dilapidations at the end of the tenancy. It will also be used for any disputes that go to mediation or Court.
- Rental payments are sent by BACS for speedy payment. We do not ‘sit-on’ the rent and it is transferred within a maximum of 3 days of receipt.
- We have a dedicated maintenance team. All our contractors have been used for many years, are reliable, friendly and competitively priced.
- Your property is inspected quarterly to ensure the tenants are looking after it and we send you reports to confirm that the inspection has taken place and what the condition of the property is. If something untoward was be noted, we would immediately contact you to advise of the circumstance and discuss any appropriate actions that you should take.
- We have two offices in Chelmsford so you can have twice the exposure, increasing your chances by double to let your property.
- McCartney have been successfully letting and managing property in Chelmsford since 1992 and have a wealth of experience in this field. We offer a let only and a full management service to all clients.
Let only Service
CHARGES: A fee equivalent to the first month's rental plus VAT
Letting & Management Service
CHARGES: A fee equivalent to 85% of first month's rental plus 10% of each month's rent plus VAT
This includes all the above in the Letting & Management Service together with free Landlord's Rent & Legal Protection Warranties for 12 months.
CHARGES: A fee equivalent to first month's rent plus 12.5% of each month's rent plus VAT
Marketing your Property
We would be more than happy to provide you with a free market appraisal. You can either call us on 01245 266980 or contact us via the contact form and a member of the team will be happy to make an appointment for a senior member of staff to visit at a time convenient to you.
Upon instruction, we will prepare property particulars and marketing photographs. Following this we contact our database of potential tenants via phone, email, SMS text and post to generate enquiries as soon as possible. We use a variety of advertising media; Property Websites, Email, Telephone and Text, Twitter, Facebook, 'TO LET' boards - as well as our stunning office displays which attract many walk-in visitors.
Your property will be advertised on our website, as well as the country’s leading property portals such as:
The Right Tenant
At McCartney we understand the secret to a successful letting is the right tenant.
All our prospective tenants are comprehensively vetted to ensure a hassle free successful letting.
Our full management service is available to all Landlords. This service means we will; Collect the rent and provide a monthly statement, be the first point of contact for any maintenance issues and organising repairs via our list of trusted tradesmen, carry out regular quaterley inspections to ensure the property is being looked after and report to you on an agreed basis.
We look forward to working with you.